We all concern about the child’s development. Motor skills are one of the important skills in the child’s development. The Motor Development Scale is intended to provide information of the child’s level of motor skills, and to see if the child may need extra help and practice in some areas.
- Observe the child’s daily behaviors related to motor skills.
- Understand and examine the child’s motor skills.
- Develop more responsive learning activities according to individual differences.
- The scale is easy to perform through the observation of the child’s behaviors.
- The scale will provide information for preparing a more responsive learning environment for the child with extra needs.
Target population and age
- Children 2.5 – 5.5 years old.
- Guide the child for every activity in each item and observe the child’s behaviors.
- Check “YES” if the child is able to do the activity. Check “NO” if the child is not able to do the activity.
- If the answer are “NOs” for five consecutive questions, stop the test and choose “Go to next”.